<< BACK | NEXT >>
GETTING THE HOME READY
Tips for Improving Exterior and Curb Appeal
- Keep the lawn edged, cut and watered
- Check the foundation, steps, walkways, wall and patios for cracks and crumbling
- Clean doors and windows. Inspect for peeling paint
- Clean and align gutters
- Replace loose or damage roof shingles or tiles
- Repair and repaint loose siding and caulking
- Re-seal asphalt driveway
- Organize the garage, less mess give the appearance of more space. Keep the garage door closed
- Store RVs or old beaten cars elsewhere while the house is on the market
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to the front door
Tips for Improving Interior Appeal.
- Clean all rooms in the house, organize closets
- Focus on rooms potential buyers are most interest on like: Living room, dining room, kitchen and bathroom. Bathrooms and Kitchen must be spotless.
- A fresh coat paint is an inexpensive, high impact way to spruce up a room
- If the home is cluttered with the owner’s belongings, the buyer will assume the house is too small. Remove all clutter, this will make your house appear bigger and brighter
- Remove photographs from table tops
- Check for cracks, leaks and signs of dampness in the attic and basement
- Kitchens are the focal point of many homes. Remove the less frequently used items from kitchen counters.
- Organize the cabinets , change wear out cabinet knots
- Replace broken or cracked windowpanes, molding and other woodwork.
- Inspect and repair the plumbing , heating and air condition
- Repair dripping faucets and showerheads
- Vacuum carpets, remove any stains from hardwood floors and carpets
- Arrange your furniture in the way that best make the room spacious and comfortable
- Eliminate the offensive odors. A foul smelling home is the first thing that buyers will notice, that usually will turn them off.
- Make sure everything work around the house. Fix dipping taps and replace burned out lights
Florida Real Estate Licensed